Willard Van De Bogart
Willard Van De Bogart
Web Site Designeremail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhoto by: Larry Lauterborn, March, 1998
Web Site Philosophy
Background and Resume
- Masters work in design from the California Institute of the Arts in Valencia, California.
- Masters work in Information Science from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
These two areas of study are uniquely related to web design work. When designing a web site, I consider many factors before I release it onto the internet for global access:
- Ideas can be actualized on the Net instantly.
- Ideas can be made visible, and seen by others instantly.
- There is free choice to look at anything at anytime.
- A virtual community is made real through creative linking.
In summary, when designing a web site, I realize that anyone in the world who has access to a computer will be able to see that web site. It is important to understand what image best describes what it is that we are trying to convey.
It is also imperative to provide information that is related to the main idea, and promotes the overall objective of the web site. This insures a web site that not only reinforces itself with the main message it is trying to convey, but also has the ability to be referenced to similar web sites on the internet.
Web Site Cost Analysis
- Educational overview on the understanding and use of the internet.
- Complete design analysis and implementation of web pages onto the net.
- Graphic construction using photographic documentation if applicable.
- HTML code development for web pages.
- Server research and implementation.
- Special plug-in technologies including animation.
- Form and table construction.
- Hyper-link strategies onto the internet.
- Publicity and submission to search engines.
Costs are determined by the size and complexity of your web site.
- Basic budget...$500-$1,000- one to three pages, few graphics.
- Low range budget...$1,000-$2,500- one to three pages, hyperlinks, design and color coordination, few graphics.
- Medium-low range budget...$2,500-$5,000- three to six pages, hyper-links, submission to search engines, graphics and text layout, original art work.
- Medium range budget...$5,000-$10,000- complete customized package with all factors included as per request of client.
- High range budget...$10,000-$100,000- complete corporate identity package. Company logo design. Links to all business services and sites. Monthly maintenance.
Hourly charges are selected based on level of skill required for your web site design. Sites rates are estimated by hourly or by the completed project .
- Initial contact...complimentary.
- Text and graphic coordination...$150.00/hour.
- Graphic design and photographic layout...$200.00/hour.
- Three-dimensional graphics and animation...$500.00/hour.
- Full sound and animation design...$1000.00/hour.
- Monthly maintenance for web site once completed (optional)...$500.00 to $5000.00 a month is the complete range.
Web site maintenance:
It is becoming increasingly apparent that as web sites grow in content and complexity, it will be necessary to constantly review the web site to determine if:
A. All links are up to date.
B. Dates and scheduling of events are properly indicated.
C. Layout of design maintains consistency.
D. Spelling and grammatical structure is maintained.
Monthly cost for web site maintenance:
- 100 links and 10 pages....$500.00
- 200 links and 20 pages...$1000.00
- Over 500 links and 50 pages...$5000.00
All of these costs and design considerations can be discussed free of charge at the initial contact to get a sense of what you expect to achieve with your web site. Pricing is competitive, and quality is unsurpassed.
Partial client list:
Please e-mail for a complimentary consultation.
Return to: | resume | Home |email@example.com©1995-2005 Earth Portals