Thailand Short Stories
Willard Van De Bogart
Over the past eight years that I have been living in Thailand I have been affected by many different and memorable moments that led me to try and express those moments in the form of a short story. Each story is very different and contains many moods and reflections about the way people live in Thailand. They also serve as time markers for events that took place in Thailand over those seven years. I am sure there will be more attempts at capturing the moods of Thailand, but these short stories paint a panorama of events that I have been closely attached to. I hope they are as entertaining to read as were the real life situations they try to represent.
- The Giant Swing - Brahmanical origins and its significance to the religious culture of Thailand - Jan 24, 2011
- Wat Rong Khun - A Cosmic Confessional - December 3, 2008
- Ride to Heaven - The Chariot of the late Princess Galyani - October 22, 2008
- Saying goodbye at Suvarnabhumi Airport - November 2006
- Guhesvara (Siva) Lord of Caves - Boh Ya Cave, Nakhon Sawan, Thailand Sept. 24, 2006
- 2nd Seminar on Indo-Thai
Historical and Cultural Linkages - Bangkok, Thailand, August 21-22,
- Faith, Magic and the
Spirit of Brahma - The Recognition, Destruction and Restoration of
the Erawan Shrine - May 23, 2006.
- Pilgrimage to the Holy
Waters of India - A Tribute to King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 60th
Anniversary on the accession to the Throne. May 1, 2006
- On My Way to see the Buddha
- A personal pilgrimage to Wat Mongkonsathit. July 2005
- Thai Tears and Dirt
Roads - The tragic losses of Sombat and Thanom. October 10, 2004
- Rat For Dinner? -
A delicacy of Thai cuisine - January 2003.
- Inner States -
July 23, 2002
- Standing in his rice field -
Profile of a Thai rice farmer - 2002
- Ayutthaya period Carvings
- October 10, 2001
- Listen to the Chanting
- Short story in Thailand - March 2001.
Return to:| Back to top | Willard Van De Bogart | The
Portal Messenger | Home |
©1995-2011 Earth Portals